Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NEW puppy coming!

Well it's September, my monthly post....
been so busy with kids getting ready and off to school, getting used to routine, Fall baseball, running club, soccer, and incorporating teaching 7th and 12th health as a volunteer at the school where my kids go.  Interesting, to say the least.

The most exciting piece of news is that our puppy is finally ready to COME home!  TANK will be going to his first vet visit tomorrow and probably be coming HOME on Friday.  He is just about 7 weeks old.  He is eating and drinking on his own.  We went to buy the puppy essentials, gave the crate to Alice, the mama's owner, and she is preparing herself for their departure.  She is already crying and I am sure I will cry along with her Friday.



Worked with a homebirthing midwife last month.  Beautiful baby boy born in the pool with all of the other siblings around.  Totally amazing.  THAT is what birthing is...


Amazing vbac with midwife here in Syracuse this past month.  The mom loved to squat during the birth so I quickly went to get a birthing stool when she started laboring down and there she sat delivered her baby right into her arms.  The doc came in ready to move her to the bed before she had the stronger urges, the the midwife said, NO, no, its fine, I will just sit on the floor and deliver the baby this way!
I hadn't seen that done since I had MY 4th in 1998.  I labored with her in the tub at the birthing center til I felt the urge to push, waddled over to the birthing stool and with my midwife sitting on the floor basically watching, I reached down and grabbed her up onto my chest.  My husband was totally in awe (it was HIS first baby).  He got the f ull experience...of a true natural uneventful labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment